Safety measures for the electrician
General safety requirements
- Persons not more young than 18 years which underwent medical examination, special training, practical preparation and having the corresponding certificate are allowed to repair of electric equipment.
- The mechanics who underwent instructing in labor protection and acquired safe working methods are allowed to independent works on repair of electric equipment. The mechanic on repair of electric equipment at independent performance of work on electric units up to 1000 V has to have not lower than III groups on safety measures, and over 1000 V - the IV groups.
- In the course of work in the terms established at the enterprise the mechanic has to undergo instructing in labor protection, pass examinations for knowledge of rules of technical operation of electric units and safety regulations at operation of electric units.
- The mechanic on repair of electric equipment has to know terms of tests of protective equipment and devices, the service regulation and care of them and to be able to use. It is not allowed to use protective equipment and devices with the overdue period of check.
- The mechanic has to know and carry out:
- employment policies and procedures of the enterprise;
- rules of fire safety.
Indoors for repair of electric equipment and also during the work with flammable and combustible substances it is forbidden to use naked flame.
It is allowed to smoke only in places, specially allotted for these purposes.
Mechanics during work have to use the individual protection equipment (overalls, special footwear, mittens, points, etc.) given at the enterprise.
After work with varnishes and their solvents it is necessary to wash up hands warm water with soap.
The mechanic on repair of electric equipment bears responsibility for violation of requirements of this instruction according to employment policies and procedures if its actions do not involve criminal liability.
Safety requirements before the cut-in
The electrician has to check:
- working clothes to put it in order, to clasp cuffs of sleeves. The working clothes have to be operational and are filled so that there were no hanging-down ends. To pick up hair under densely fitting headdress; whether
- the workplace and approaches to it is rather lit. Light should not stick together the eye. To make change of electrolamps at the removed stress;
- hand tool, necessary for work, and adaptation, individual protection equipment and to spread out them in convenient and easily accessible places that the possibility of accidental movement or their firing during the operating time was excluded.
To examine and put the workplace in order, to remove everything that can prevent work; if the floor slippery (it is poured by oil, paint, water) to demand that it was wiped, or to make it,
During the work to use only operational, dry and clean tools and devices, the edge of the screw-driver has to be delayed and flattened out to such thickness that it entered without gap the screw head cut, wrenches have to correspond to the sizes of nuts and heads of bolts and should not have cracks, hollows, agnails. Sponges of keys have to be strictly parallel and not rolled up.
Sliding keys should not have the weak point (backlash) in mobile parts; nippers and flat-nose pliers should not have the erose, broken sponges, handles. Sponges of nippers have to be sharp, and flat-nose pliers have to be with the operational notch.
Removers have to have rigid construction and not have cracks, the bent rods, the stripped or crumpled thread and to provide coaxiality of the persistent (tension) device with the axis of the dischargeable part. Captures of removers have to provide dense and reliable capture of the part in the effort place of application.
Mechanics are obliged to observe the requirements of handling of tools established by factory instructions:
- For carrying of the tool the worker has to use the special bag or the easy portable box. Carrying of the tool in pockets is forbidden.
- At failure detection of the equipment, tool, devices or the workplace both before the cut-in, and during the operating time to tell the supervising foreman (the engineer, the master) and before debugging not to get to work. It is forbidden to use faulty tools.
Safety requirements during the operating time
In the course of work the mechanic is obliged:
- to perform only that work which is charged. If the safe way of performance of work is insufficiently well-known, to address the head of works for explanation;
- to keep clean and the order during all working hours the workplace, under legs there should not be the oil, parts, preparations, scraps and other waste;
- during the operating time to be attentive, not to distract and not to distract others;
- not to allow on the workplace of the persons which do not have relations to this work. Having noticed violation of the instruction by other workers or danger to people around, not to remain indifferent, and to warn the worker about danger or need of observance of rules of labor protection.
Before removal of electric equipment for repair to remove stress in network not less than in two places and also to remove safety locks. To start removal of electric equipment only after check of lack of tension and posting of the poster "Not to include! People work!" on the breaker or the key of management.
- During the work with load-lifting mechanisms to fulfill requirements of the instruction for labor protection for the persons using the load-lifting mechanisms managed from the floor.
- To make dismantling and assembly of small nodes of electric equipment on workbenches, and large-size - on the special desktops providing their steady position.
- To apply wrenches only by the size of nuts or bolts. When tightening or untwisting nuts or bolts it is impossible to establish linings between edges of the key and the nut and also to use levers.
- At removal and the press fitting of plug-in nodes and parts to use the removers, pressa and other devices ensuring safety of work.
- At the cabin, the klepka, stamping and other similar works during which perhaps otletany metal particles to use glasses or the mask with unbreakable glasses.
- When dismantling electric motors boards, stators, rotors and anchors should be stacked on special racks and supports.
- To make welding or soldering of the ends of windings only in goggles.
- Before testing of electric equipment after repair it has to be strongly fixed, grounded (zanuleno), and the rotating and moving parts are closed by safety casings.
Safety requirements in emergencies
At any accident or emergency which can lead to accident and accident the mechanic is obliged to take immediately all measures depending on him warning the possibility of damages (destructions) of the object and eliminating danger to life of people.
- To report at the same time the matter to the chief (the engineer, the master) of the site. Electric equipments
- to repair only at the removed stress.
- Each worker has to be able to render the pre-medical help. Such help appears immediately, directly on site incidents. At defeat by electric current it is necessary to release immediately the victim of action of current, namely: to switch off the breaker, to chop the wire, to delay or discard it the dry stick, the pole. Not to touch the victim, so far he is under the influence of current. If the victim has no breath, then to start immediately massage of heart and artificial respiration before arrival of the doctor.
- After rendering the first pre-medical aid the victim has to be directed or brought to the nearest medical institution.
Safety requirements upon termination of work
- To disconnect (to disconnect) electric equipment, the electric tool from network.
- To put the workplace in order, to remove in the metal box with the cover or to destroy the rags used during the work.
- To wash up hands warm water with soap.
- To report on all malfunctions found during the operating time on the master.