How to mount the electrical wiring in the cable channels?
The electrical wiring in protective channels is the mounting mode which provides laying of wires in plastic insulating plinths, boxes and to that similar channels.
Electrochannels generally fix over plinths (or try to replace the last at installation of electrotechnical plinths) or in a straight line the wall joint with the ceiling, depending on distribution of the feeding lines. Fix them and along walls at distance of 115-120 cm from the floor to bottom edge of the electrochannel (box). The appearance at such way of laying of the electrical wiring can quite be satisfactory (from the point of view of the esthetics) if mounting is executed properly.
(The text on images is visible insufficiently accurately because of restrictions on width of the page of the website. Those whom drawings will interest can look at them or to download at the link in the PDF format).
Two ways of laying of wiring in electrochannels:
Laying without the special armature, that is wire veering (in this case corners) is carried out by means of cutting of boxes. It is necessary to pay attention that cutting should be carried out very carefully and not to leave gaps between connections. It is necessary to provide full protection of wires. And the second moment (from the esthetic point of view) is connected with how your electrical wiring laid in the box where there are slots width nearly about the finger will look.
Laying with the special armature, that is corners and bends of wires carry out by means of additional accessories. In this case it is possible to avoid works on performance of corners of the certain degree and it is easier to carry out laying of wires, providing their protection against mechanical damages, and in some cases and correcting roughnesses of corners.
The number of tables of accessories to the cable channels and accessories for floor and baseboard the cable channels is given below. It is the best of all to use data from these tables upon purchase in shop of the equipment – then you will not become puzzled and will choose that it is necessary.
As well as when mounting the electrical wiring in a different way, here too there are rules.
- At installation of the electrical wiring in the electroplinth the wire which is below all has to be from the floor covering at distance of at least 1,5 cm. The insulating box can be established as the electroplinth if it has the degree of protection of not less IK 07.
- If the plinth is absent and you are going to establish the box, then its lower part has to be at least in 10 cm from the floor covering (as shown in the left part of the drawing).
- To the insulating box there has to be always the access that in case of need it was possible to uncover it. Therefore the drowned installation of boxes in walls is always prohibited (there were also such cases) or the covering their any materials (wall-paper, fabrics and so on).
- It is forbidden to install all electrochannels less than in 10 cm from flues.
- All wires and cables have to be located in grooves of electrochannels freely.
- Wires from several chains can be located in one groove provided that all wires have the isolation corresponding to the most high tension.
- Laying of low-current lines has to be carried out in separate grooves.
- If electroadjusting products crash into electrocanals, try to connect them to foundation of the channel. It becomes further to avoid drop-out or ejection of the electrotechnical device from the adjusting place.
As well as everywhere, laying of the electrical wiring requires by this way the tool. The approximate list is included below.
Also do not forget about the perforator with the drill (usually diameter of the drill of 6 mm), dowels with screws or the dowel nail of the corresponding diameter as in the majority of the box already have ready openings for installation. It is necessary to remember also about the level (which smallest length has to be 1 m) and the tape measure. It is better not to use beating as in most cases when using of the box gradually in process of installation are displaced by it and as a result look crookedly. Measurements on installation need to be done from plain surfaces (the ceiling or the floor – everything depends on, where and as you want to establish the box). To draw the adjusting line it is always better to begin from the doorway with the right or left-hand side along all perimeter of the room (using at the same time level). After all lines are drawn, measurements are once again made by the tape measure. All sizes have to be identical.
Two ways of installation of electrochannels:
Ordinary way of installation which if to look in depth of the question, is rather economic (that is does not demand any additional accessories), but the special care of performance of work is necessary here. It is necessary to provide mechanical protection of wires (any wire should not lean out in the parties, and machine cuts have to be executed faultlessly).
Installation with additional accessories. It is very easy to carry out it. Such installation provides the best final finishing and mechanical protection of wires.
- Connections of boxes at turn of the line on 90 ° should be made at an angle 45 °.
- Junctions of parts of the cover never have to match connections of parts of the basis.
- Draw the line of the machine cut necessary to you, substituting into place the box, do not do it by eye.
- To support wires during mounting, cut off small pieces of the cover of the box about 5 cm and insert them into the box to different places.
- To lead round wiring around the door, at first cut off pieces of the box of the upper of the doorway with corners necessary to you, and then cut off longer.
- In certain cases to establish the electroadjusting box very difficult (there are emergencies which are not depending on people). For the aid to you the drawing in which it is shown how to solve the arisen problem is published.
Special cases of mounting of boxes
Merits and demerits of this type of the electrical wiring (it is meant that you establish the box).
- Easy access to your cables.
- Ease of mounting.
- Additional protection for the wires laid by you.
- The opportunity to execute your design decisions.
- Occasionally the additional space is required.
- At the inaccurate address there can be breakdowns.
- Sometimes the mass of additional accessories is required.
- In certain cases can not fit into design of your room.